13 June 2008

Once again I return to the scene of the crime.

There I was turning my car around, in the middle of Main Street wondering how her hold over me was so strong that I would even consider what I was going to do. I HAD to do it. She insisted in her way. With her eyes.

A week ago I was mostly fine, albeit my life was pretty dull. In this small town, I had arrived in my dying Cadillac, even though I was not what you would consider wealthy I was by no means a destitute drifter. I was on a break from life.

The corporate hive in New York I left months ago had started to become a fading memory. I purchased a camera, a beat up old Caddy and hit the road, alone. 60 rolls of film later, I was saner (or crazier, depending on where your coming from). Life would not pass me by in a mindless drone anymore. No interstates for me.

As I pulled into this town, the sky went from brightest blue to a blur of the sun and clouds. I slowed my car to a crawl gazing around town for a diner, truck stop, a place to rest. While I was scanning the storefronts, my eyes did come across the vision of beauty that would lead to my destruction.

Skin so smooth that it gleamed like satin in candlelight. Hair darkest black, bound up in a red ribbon. She could have been a body double for Snow White, if it weren't for the glint of lust, that flashed from her eyes when she wanted something. One apple be damned, she wanted the orchard.

Her eyes locked mine when I gazed her way, I have been under her spell since. I could not look away, until.

KERSMASH!

I drove right into a parked car. Putting the Caddy in park, I looked up to in time to glimpse her gliding into the town Diner, bells jingling as she entered.

--End part 1

No comments: